Online dating offers a lot of exciting opportunities to meet and reach out to potential romantic partners and like-minded people. Even though senior LDS singles may be a bit intimated by the thought of online dating, the truth is that getting started with this journey is very easy. In fact, many seniors who gave online dating a try can never imagine doing things any other way.
Below are some helpful online dating tips for senior LDS singles who are about to join the dating arena again or for the first time.
Getting Started with Online Dating
All it takes is that first step for you to get started in online dating. The moment you begin, you can then start determining your likes and dislikes.
- Talk to your friends who used online dating and ask for their service including the best dating site to use.
- Conduct some research about various online dating websites.
- Create your online profile then answer questions.
- Request for help with your profile from family members and friends if you want.
- Consider using a trial program with an online dating website before you spend money on it.
- Review profiles then reach out to people you find interesting.
How to Write Your Online Dating Site Profile
After you have tested the waters of online dating for LDS singles, it is time to take the plunge and start to build your online profile.
- Make sure that your profile tells a story as if you were just talking to your friend.
- Consider the type of people you want to respond.
- Don’t list down your likes but list down your passions instead.
- Avoid using a lot of words. Keep things short and straight to the point.
- Ask your friend to proofread and spell-check your profile.
- Review your dating profile again with friends to check if you really project your true self.
Taking a Profile Picture
There is no doubt that the most critical part of any online dating profile is your picture. This is the first thing that potential partners will see before they decide if they want to check your profile and learn more about you. Even though this may sound like you have to take the best profile picture, in reality, it is very simple to just snap a photo that will capture other people’s attention. Here are a few recommendations.
- Avoid using a selfie. What you can do instead is to ask someone else to take your photo. Of course, make sure you flash that wonderful smile.
- Look age appropriate and natural. For example, while this might sound like a great idea, resist the temptation of using a camera filter to remove your wrinkles and fine lines.
- Make sure that there is no one else in the profile picture you use. It may seem obvious but it is surprising that a lot of seniors tend to violate this sacred rule in online dating.